Have you developed a website for your eye care practice?
Creating a website is an essential part of any online marketing plan, but in 2016 it’s also not enough to just have a website. The Internet is so vast and there are so many other eye care practices in your area vying for potential patients. For any online ophthalmology or optometry marketing plan to be successful, you have to ensure that you’re standing out from the crowd. The best way to do that is to follow SEO best practice and strategies.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It’s a set of techniques and strategies that help ensure your website gets a high ranking placement on search engine sites like Yahoo, Bing and Google. The higher your website ranks on a search engine results page, the easier it is for potential patients to find your practice when they’re searching online.
SEO Strategies for 2016
SEO optimization has changed and evolved over the years as a result of the latest online marketing trends. To make sure your website is optimized properly for 2016 and beyond, here are some tips you should follow:
- Go Mobile: With so many people relying on their smartphones and tablets to search the Internet, it’s import that you have a mobile-specific site for your practice. It’s also important to ensure that your mobile site has been optimized with phrases and keywords so it’s searchable on mobile devices.
- Create Content With Intent: Google has changed its algorithms, so it’s not so much about keywords as it is about users being able to find the answers to their questions. If a user visits your site and immediately clicks back to the search results page (also known as a bounceback), Google will log this and it’ll affect your SEO ranking. Whether you’re creating content or writing about your services as part of your ophthalmology or optometry marketing strategies, be sure to consider eye care questions that your patients and potential patients may have. You can also cover common ophthalmology or optometry procedures on your site to help answer those potential questions and increase your SEO optimization.
- Optimize Wherever Possible: Keywords may not matter as much for SEO as they used to, but it’s still important to include searchable keywords on your website as much as possible. Make sure your heading, subheading and meta-tags include eye care-specific keywords (the ones that your patients frequently use to search for practices like yours) to help boost the SEO optimization on your website.
- Go Long (When It Comes to Content): According to 2016 SEO trends, featuring longer content will play an important role in optimizing your website. Consider adding a blog to your site to help boost your optimization. The other benefit of going for longer content is that it gives you the opportunity to answer questions your potential patients have, adding another helpful layer to your SEO.
- Get Help When You Need It: SEO optimization rules change all the time. If you’re having trouble keeping up or not’t sure where to start, consider hiring a third-party like Practice Builders to help optimize your eye care practice’s website. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. We’re here to help!