5 critical tools to look for in your optometry EHR software
Optometry software is an increasingly popular tool for practices that want to supercharge their business operations while creating amazing experiences for their customers.
The right optometry software can make your day easier, cut out tedious tasks, save you money, and make your scheduling much easier. But the wrong optometry software can cause endless frustration, waste your money, require huge amounts of time to use, and potentially even turn off your customers.
When choosing an optometry software for your practice, it can be difficult to tell the difference between optometry software solutions that will do wonders for your office and those that are simply packaged with a lot of flashy marketing gimmicks.
This blog explains the top features of optometry electronic health record software and what you should expect a leading service to provide.
What is optometry EHR?
Optometry EHR is a cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) solution that works for both small and mid-size optometry practices. Increasing numbers of optometrists are using an EHR system in their practice.
Optometry EHR software can cut down on the amount of work your staff must handle each day, freeing them up instead to focus on caring for patients. And practice management optometry EHR can improve the overall customer experience, so those who visit your office get superior care faster and are overall more satisfied with your services.
Benefits that your EHR should provide
Your EHR will be like a team of experts who handle many aspects of your office duties. You want this team member to be intelligent and tackle jobs before you even make assignments. Here are the top benefits that your EHR should provide:
- Streamline charting. Optometry EHR will help you save money with custom-built templates that easily adapt to your requirements. You should get custom exam notes based on your workflows, a huge selection of optometry charting templates that are actually built by doctors, time saving workflows that let you finalize patient exams quickly, and all the exam data that you need at a glance.
- Help you prescribe effectively. The best EHR systems help you seamlessly create, send, and manage all of your patients’ prescriptions. You should also be able to transmit your prescriptions to any pharmacy you want, regardless of location.
- Let you communicate effortlessly. Communication tools in EHRs are a great way to improve your customer service and save your staff time. You should expect secure communication with patients as well as automated appointment reminders.
- Manage patient claims and billing. The best EHRs eliminate unwanted manual paperwork during the billing process and provide valuable insurance payer insight. You should be able to manage both outsourced and in-house billing at any place and time. Finally, you’ll want your EHR software to include in-depth reporting so you can track and manage insurance balances.
- Promote patient engagement. Getting your patients engaged and thinking about your practice is better than advertising, but it’s not easy. A good optometry EHR software provider will include tools that allow you to customize your patient’s experience when making appointments on your website. You should be able to easily link calendars to your website with little or no IT support and customize them to match the needs of your patients.
Look for an optometry EHR system with innovative features and tools
While that is an important list, it is not all that your optometry EHR software should do for you. A good optometry EHR system will also:
Be compatible with any device. You may have staff who work from home or on a mix of technologies and hardware. Make sure your optometry practice software works on it all, including desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets, and smart phones.
- Offer full office analytics. The more data you have, the better decisions you can make. Your optometry EHR should include the ability to get daily report summaries and show real-time staff productivity so you can improve staff and practice performance.
- A clear and simple-to-use dashboard. Even the most powerful EHR will be useless if you can’t use it easily. Your optometry EHR should have a user-friendly dashboard so all of your employees can quickly see the information that’s pertinent to them, including appointments, payments, contacts, and more.
Your optometry EHR software needs to do a lot for you – make sure any system you choose is the one that is best for you. Eye Care Leaders has a powerful family of eye care solutions like electronic health record systems that power your practice and save you time and money. To learn more about EHR from Eye Care Leaders, contact us.
Drop a line for our sales representative to get in touch with you
Gauging Patient Engagement: 5 Indicators
- 27 Jul 2022
Between running your practice and focusing on providing the care your patients need, you might not put a lot of thought into patient engagement. But you should.
How better technology can mitigate healthcare employee burnout
- 26 Jul 2022
Well before the COVID-19 pandemic, burnout was a problem for healthcare workers.
Telehealth & Virtual Eye Exams. Should your practice offer them?
- 22 Jul 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic put a spotlight on an already growing platform for health care. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services