ManagementPlus Users Benefit from AAO Patient Education Materials
Patient portals play a critical role in keeping patients informed and in control of their health care. Providing your patients (and their families) with important health education material via a portal allows them to review the information when they are less distracted and rushed and more focused on the task at hand. As you know, a focused patient is more likely to understand what you tell them—and possibly be more compliant.
ManagementPlus has a content licensing partnership with the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) that allows its users to take advantage of the Academy’s extensive library of patient education tools. These tools include handouts, animated video segments, and informed consent videos.
• A collection of handouts on over 80 different eye conditions can be downloaded and distributed to patients. The handouts are provided in both English and Spanish.
• Short animated video segments explain the anatomy of the eye or how a particular procedure or treatment is performed. These animations range from 15 seconds to a minute in length and are very useful for chair-side education—or for use on your practice Web site.
• Five-minute informed consent videos on a variety of conditions explain the risks, benefits, and alternatives of a particular treatment or procedure. These videos can be purchased directly from the AAO at www.aao.org/store and ManagementPlus will integrate them into your system.
Ophthalmologists rely on AAO content because it is peer-reviewed, accurate, and trustworthy. ManagementPlus recognizes the value of AAO content, and will help you access this material for use in the office or through your patient portal.
Drop a line for our sales representative to get in touch with you
Best Practices in RCM Services : Optimizing Your Front Office
- 14 Apr 2021
- Full potential for revenue cycle starts with an optimized front office
- Scheduling, pre-registration, insurance verification, authorization, p...
Overpayments and Underpayments: What You Need to Know
- 12 Apr 2021
- Quarterly self-audits will help you identify underpayments and overpayments.
- You must self-report overpayments within 60 days of becoming aw...
EMRs For Specialty Contact Lenses: How To Select The Right One For Your Practice
- 12 Mar 2021
Look for EMRs With Many Detailed Touches, Good User Interfaces, And Adaptability to Special Circumstances For some optometrists, myself included, the apex of the doctor-patient ...