New App Improves Convenience for Eye Care Patients
Have you ever encountered a minor yet persistent problem with your eyes but didn’t visit your ophthalmologist because you didn’t think it was a big deal? Or maybe you’re fed up with the wait times involved with scheduling or visiting an eye doctor? Good news, your solution is on the horizon.
A new app called AppVisit provides a simple form of communication between eye care professionals and their patients. Patients can send a message detailing the issues they are experiencing, along with photos of their eyes. Eye doctors can review this information and perform “a fairly comprehensive external and visual exam on the patient”, according to app developer Dr. Harvey Fishman. Dr. Fishman himself is in the eye care industry and runs a dry eye clinic in Palo Alto, CA.
Dr. Fishman has found the app especially useful for follow up visits with patients. Instead of waiting for months to analyze the effectiveness of treatment and other factors, regular progress can be tracked without the need for patients to travel into the office. However, AppVisit is not a replacement for all doctor visits and should not be used in the case of medical emergencies.
• A built-in billing module allows medical practices to bill patients directly. (Insurance payments are not yet covered.)
• Physicians can customize the features that can be used in the app.
• AppVisit complies with federal healthcare regulations.
• All information is secure.
• AppVisit can be used by various types of medical professionals.
An article on AppVisit was featured in March’s issue of Ophthalmology Business. You can also find out more about available features or how you can use the app in your own practice by visiting the company’s website. AppVisit is currently available for Apple or Android devices.
Drop a line for our sales representative to get in touch with you
Best Practices in RCM Services : Optimizing Your Front Office
- 14 Apr 2021
- Full potential for revenue cycle starts with an optimized front office
- Scheduling, pre-registration, insurance verification, authorization, p...
Overpayments and Underpayments: What You Need to Know
- 12 Apr 2021
- Quarterly self-audits will help you identify underpayments and overpayments.
- You must self-report overpayments within 60 days of becoming aw...
EMRs For Specialty Contact Lenses: How To Select The Right One For Your Practice
- 12 Mar 2021
Look for EMRs With Many Detailed Touches, Good User Interfaces, And Adaptability to Special Circumstances For some optometrists, myself included, the apex of the doctor-patient ...