Webinar: 2019 MIPS “REAL” Improvement Activities
Improvement Activities may be the most misunderstood performance category in the MIPS program.
In this webinar you will learn what documentation should be maintained, who in your office can do Improvement Activities, and what has changed with the scoring rules.
Our MIPS experts, Katie and Carolyn review the following:
- The basic concepts of what is meant by an Improvement Activity and how these differ from performance measures such as for Quality, Cost, and Promoting Interoperability.
- Documentation requirements, so as to have confidence in case audited.
- Changes in scoring rules – for example that CMS is no longer offering bonus points for performing EHR-related Improvement Activities.
- An overview of the many Improvement Activities, and the “short list” selected by Eye Care Leaders as applicable for ophthalmology and optometry.
- The first Improvement Activity specifically related to eye care, on “Comprehensive Eye Exams”.
- Two Improvement Activities related to “referral loops” that can help you maximize your 2019 MIPS score.
- And More!
This webinar will provide valuable insights for:
- Billing departments
- And more!
About Our Speakers:
Carolyn Akhimiomoh and Katie Buckholtz
MIPS Assurance Specialists at Eye Care Leaders
Carolyn and Katie work with clients using the myCare MIPS Assurance program. They will share valuable MIPS related insight for physicians, administrators, billing departments, and more.